Talking in bed ought to be easiest,
Lying together there goes back so far,
An emblem of two people being honest.
Yet more and more time passes silently.
Outside, the wind's incomplete unrest
Builds and disperses clouds about the sky,
And dark towns heap up on the horizon.
None of this cares for us.
Nothing shows why
At this unique distance from isolation
It becomes still more difficult to find
Words at once true and kind,
Or not untrue and not unkind.
Sunday, 30 September 2007
Translatum Greek Translation Forum
- ► 2009 (25)
- ► 2008 (43)
- Talking in Bed by Philip Larkin
- Home by Spiros Doikas
- Letterbox relationships by Spiros Doikas
- Epidermis by Spiros Doikas
- Love for the last time? by Spiros Doikas
- You are not here by Spiros Doikas
- Anywhere Out of the World by Charles Baudelaire
- T. S. Helot, The Love Song of J. Alfred Gogglebox ...
- Piano Trio in E-Flat by Franz Schubert
- Adagio in G minor by Albinoni
- Tea and the British: Vera Drake
- Withnail and I
- ▼ September (12)